Community Investment Funding will be allocated to develop project initiatives that will benefit Torus tenants and their surrounding neighbourhoods. As a landlord, Torus is committed to going the extra mile; we are focused on empowering people, which in turn helps to sustain communities by making it a desirable place to live and work.
Torus Foundation achieves this through key focuses:
- Looking at ways to improve Health and Wellbeing
- Supporting communities to build Employment and Skills
- Staying connected through Digital Inclusion
- Helping people to make the most of income through Financial Inclusion
- Providing a safe and engaging environment for Young People
The Community Investment Fund (CIF) plays an important part in helping to achieve a positive impact. All applications must demonstrate how they make a difference in at least one of the impact areas listed above.
Who can apply for funding?
- Any constituted community group that consists of Torus tenants and residents or operates in an area that benefits Torus tenants and residents
- Any constituted residents group
- Any organisation that delivers services within a Torus neighbourhood
To maximise projects and support initiatives, the Foundation is welcoming applications for up to £1,500 per year:
- £200 maximum allowance for coaches
- £500 maximum allowance for one-day events
In addition, Charity Commission reporting should be up to date before an application is made and due diligence checks will be made by the Foundation’s Business Support Coordinator before the Tenant Panel Meeting is held.
Applications will only be accepted from small charities or companies with a total income of under £500,000 and companies with less than 9 months operating costs held in reserves qualify for application.
Applications are not open to Statutory Agencies such as the Police and Local Authorities, however, the Foundation will continue to consider requests from local schools and Sure Start Centres.
New process to apply:
To begin the process, please email email@example.com with ‘CIF and your group name’ in the subject bar.
Our Business Support Coordinator will then contact the group to determine eligibility and provide the link for the new form, along with a CIF Information Sheet.