Find out more about us, the team and how we cater to the community of Warrington
Warrington Voluntary Action supports the development of a vibrant, thriving and sustainable VCSE to meet the diverse needs of local communities.
To do this we:
- Provide information, guidance and resources enabling local voluntary, community and faith organisations to deliver effective quality services.
- Promote, support and develop social action and volunteering for individuals and local communities to make a positive experience.
- Initiate and nurture the development of new groups, schemes, enterprises or activities to meet identified needs.
- Support local networks and forums to facilitate and encourage effective partnerships and strengthen cross sector working.
- Enable effective representation and involvement on key strategic partnership bodies to ensure third sector organisations have a strong voice.
The Values we believe in are:
Utilising energies purposefully and committing to the development and enrichment of others.
Seeking to get the best from available resources and unlocking potential by thinking differently.
Developing effective relationships that aim to benefit all partners as well as the wider community.
Join Warrington Voluntary Action
WVA is a membership organisation. Our aim is to support a thriving voluntary sector in Warrington and provide a strong voice for the sector. Having a strong membership is an important factor in achieving this aim.
Being a member of a WVA means that you can:
- Participate in creating a stronger voluntary sector for the people of Warrington
- Show your support for the aims of WVA
- Influence the way WVA develops in the future
Membership entitles you to:
- Access to a range of WVA services including proofreading funding bids, group support, training and development
- Discounts on a selection of WVA services
- Priority booking on our training course and other events
- Ability to vote at Annual General Meetings and Extraordinary General Meetings
- Ability to nominate individuals to stand as Trustees
- Use of one of the WVA Member logos for your promotional materials
Membership is open to organisations based in delivering services to the people of Warrington. ‘Services’ can be a group, activity or services involving direct interaction with out local community.
To keep our membership with local people, national organisations with a local group can have the local group as a member.
Joining is easy and it's free.
Our Board & Staff
Meet the team members who are dedicated to ensuring the community of Warrington thrives and is fully supported.
WVA Policies and Procedures
As a charity whose purpose is to support and develop other VCSE organisations, WVA believes it is important for us to model best practice. Below are some of the policies we use to inform the way we work, copies of all our polices are available to member organisations upon request.
- Adult Safeguarding Policy
- WVA Bullying and Harassment Policy
- WVA Compliments, Complaints and Comments Policy and Procedure
- WVA Environmental Policy Statement
- Equality and Diversity
- WVA Fraud, Theft, & Bribery Policy
- WVA GDPR Policy
- WVA Grievance Policy
- WVA Healthy & Safety Policy
- WVA Volunteering Policy
- WVA Whistle Blowing Policy
WVA Green Pledge
Doing Our bit
As a team we are committed to making changes in our everyday office practices that can go towards making changes to our environment. We know we still have some way to go but there are changes we have made and behaviours we try to do on a daily basis to co
WVA would like to thank the participants of the Creative Remedies Photographic Group for the images of Warrington you will see across our site.