Welcome to Good Neighbours
Supporting Local People Through Their Loneliness
Good Neighbours support people who are feeling lonely / socially isolated; have limited or no support around them and need help with the little things. This could be anything from a friendly telephone call to help with carrying out a variety of practical tasks. Good Neighbours volunteers can:
- Make weekly phone calls for a friendly chat
- Meet for a weekly walk or chat either one-to-one or as part of a group
- Support people to get or remain engaged in community activities
- Collect essential shopping for up to 3 weeks for those who have no one who can help them out
- Collect medication / equipment from a pharmacy for those who have no one who can help them out
Make a referral
This section is if you would like to refer yourself or someone else for support from our volunteers.
Be a volunteer
More information on how you can support someone in your local community.