Welcome to Good Neighbours
Supporting Local People
At Good Neighbours we aim to reduce feelings of loneliness and provide meaningful social time making people feel connected and valued.
We do this with volunteers that have awareness in safeguarding and making positive connections.
At Good Neighbour, we offer:
- Weekly, roughly hour long, phone calls for a friendly chat.
- Visit a person for an hour once a week (usually for around 12 weeks).
- Meet for a short walk or cafe trip.
- Connect a person to a local group or community activity.
- Collect things you need in the case of accident and emergency.
Because our team are volunteers and there are risks and challenges to our work, we have a list of things we cannot offer:
- Being the sole responsible carer for a person whilst family or friends run errands / take respite.
- Personal care - bathing, dressing, feeding/drinking and administering medication, moving and handling (including wheelchairs)
- Household - cooking, cleaning, repairs, gardening
- Administration - completing forms, contacting providers, arranging services, banking
- Transporting the person for any reason
To talk to one of our co-ordinators - 01925 246881
Make a referral
Complete the form
- The application is assessed by our team
- The person is allocated a case manager
- We contact the person and arrange a visit to discuss their needs
- We work to match them with a suitable volunteer
If you'd like to get involved or find out more about volunteering as a Good Neighbour contact our co-ordinators for a no-pressure conversation.
Our volunteering process:
- You make an initial inquiry
- We invite you for an informal chat
- If we both agree this is for you, we will gather some contact details and availability
- When the right person comes along you will be matched and your volunteering begins
To express an interest - email@example.com 01925 246881