Warrington Community Lottery
A fundraising tool for Community Groups
Sign up, sell tickets, it's a win-win!
Warrington Community Lottery is an exciting weekly lottery that raises money for good causes in Warrington.
All tickets sold raises much needed funds that go towards community groups, charities, all non-profits and residents of Warrington.
Warrington Community Lottery, is promoted by Warrington Voluntary Action, a Small Society Lottery licensed by Warrington Borough Council. Community Lotteries exist all over the country and the logistics and technicalities are delivered by a company called Gatherwell.
Are you looking for a way to raise some funds?
Register as a good cause and once accepted you will get a page on the Warrington Community Lottery site.
Your supporters (players) will then be able to choose you as their desired 'good cause' and proceeds from the tickets sold will go to you. The more you promote that you are a Good Cause (this can be through your own social media or within your services) and the more people that play, the more money you get. Like the National Lottery, there is a prize pot to be won by a player and you get some much needed unrestricted funds.
Get your own lottery page!
Sign up as a 'Good Cause' No set up costs or admin fees - just fill in our simple online form and once we’ve checked everything over, we’ll set you up with your own lottery page.
What do we need to apply?
Your group must:
- Provide community activities or services within Warrington, which are of benefit to the residents of Warrington
- Have a formal constitution or set of rules
- Have a bank account requiring at least two unrelated signatories
- Operate with no undue restrictions on membership
And be either:
- A constituted group with a volunteer management committee with a minimum of three unrelated members that meets on a regular basis (at least three times per year)
- A registered charity, with a board of trustees
- A registered Community Interest Company, and provide copies of your Community Interest Statement, details of the Asset Lock included in your Memorandum and Articles of Association, and a copy of your latest annual community interest report
You will be asked to commit to using the marketing materials provided and other means of communication to achieve at least 20 ticket sales within four weeks of being provided with a page on the site.
Groups not eligible to apply:
- Groups promoting a particular religious, faith or political belief or activity
- A campaign that does not directly relate to the provision of community activities or services within Warrington
- Organisations that do not work within the boundaries of Warrington
- Organisations which aim to distribute a profit
- Organisations with no established management committee/board of trustees (unless a CIC)