The Henry Smith Charity Improving Lives grant programme funds projects which meet one of their 6 priorities;
- Help at a critical moment - helping people rebuild their lives following crisis, critical moment, trauma or abuse
- Positive choices - helping people make positive choices
- Accommodation/ housing support - helping people work towards or maintain accommodation
- Employment and training - supporting people to move towards or gain employment
- Financial inclusion, rights & entitlements - supporting people to overcome their financial problems
- Support networks & families - working with people to develop improved support networks and family relationships
Funding is for 1-3 years and the amount requested must be for between £20,000 - £60,000 per year.
They are looking to fund work that is proven and effective and will not fund new work unless it is evidenced from your experience of delivering a similar service or from evidence gathered elsewhere.
Where all of an organisations activities fit within the priority areas, they can make grants towards running costs including salaries.
Who can apply
Registered charities and CICs who have been operational for at least 18 months, have submitted their first set of annual accounts and who have an annual income of between £50k - £3m can apply
There is a rolling deadline for this fund and decisions can take up to 6 months.